Trust God

As I watched a  friend of mine play with her young daughter the other day, I was fascinated how this little girl (1 yrs old) safely trusted in her mother, over and over again, as she continually threw herself backwards in complete trust that her mother would catch her and not let her fall. There was no doubt, no fear just a sure knowing that mom would be there to catch her. She laughed and giggled and it was a joy to see. I thought to myself this is how our heavenly father wants us to trust in him. I'm reminded of Matthew 18:3 in the bible that says "And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (NIV)

I believe that this scripture speaks of the innocence of children and their natural ability to trust,believe, love, give... They are so pure and honest just like God. We have to become like them, like God, to please the father and enter into his kingdom. 

It's always comforting to know that we can safely trust in God. That he is always there for us and he won't let us fall when we put our trust in him. He loves us, even as this mother loves her child. The Lord will always be there because of his unfailing love for us. Oh, I can shout right there! That gives me joy! His love for us is eternal, it will never fail! It will never leave us and God will never forsake us.  What can separate us from the love of God? My brother  Paul said he is PERSUADED, in Romans 8:38,39, that neither things present or things to come will be able to separate us from the love of God, and so am I persuaded!! You can be sure of this.


Not only does he love us unconditionally, but he wants us to love him back. He won't force you to love him, but he desires your love and your trust. There has never been a time where I trusted in God and he let me down. Does that mean he always does exactly what I ask...NO! His ways are not our ways, his thoughts are not our thoughts. They are higher than ours. He's the life giver, the creator of heaven and earth, the great God of glory. Surely we can trust him not only with our lives, but even with the the "small" things that come up against us in life. I've learned that God is with me and he cares about me. Every part of me, and the same goes for you. He's no respecter of person. Know that God is concerned about YOU.

You may be reading this and asking yourself...what is she saying? What is your point Adale!? Well, let me sum it all up for you by saying this, Trust -in - the -Lord. Trust him with every part of you and your life. Throw yourselves back into the arms of God, safely trusting that he will be there for you. He won't let you fall precious mom. 





Scriptures on Trusting in Jesus

Proverbs 29:25King James Version (KJV)

 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.

Isaiah 26:3King James Version (KJV)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

2 Kings 18:5-7English Standard Version (ESV)

He trusted in the Lord, the God of Israel, so that there was none like him among all the kings of Judah after him, nor among those who were before him. For he held fast to the Lord. He did not depart from following him, but kept the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses. And the Lord was with him; wherever he went out, he prospered. He rebelled against the king of Assyria and would not serve him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worried About Raising Children in THIS World?

COVERED: Prayers for Your Husband

Joy in the Journey - Workshop for Moms