So Many Things to Teach, So Many Things to Learn

Moms, do you ever get the feeling that you have soooo many things to teach your little ones? I do! Sometimes I think there's just so much I want him to know and understand. Or like there are a lot of things that he absolutely needs to know and understand. But, I can't help but to sometimes feel like I can't get it all in him. Does this make any sense to anyone except me? I mean really, there are such things as numbers and counting, colors and shapes, reading and writing and so much more! In my home, we strongly believe and stand on the word of God in our daily lives. So, my husband and I make great efforts to instill Godly principles and values within our children. Such as faith and love and kindness and honesty and all those things the bible teaches up about. Not to mention the "basics" like, who God is and what He has created and things of that nature. However, sometimes I think "am I really getting everything he needs to know in there!?" The truth is, he really is getting it. My son is 3 yrs old and obviously doesn't have the attention span of a fully grown adult, because HE"S NOT ONE! If you try and sit a toddler down and teach him textbook style for hours at a time, it's not going to do anything good for you or him! lol, That approach will ultimately frustrate you and your little one and nothing good will be absorbed in their little brains. I've learned that the best way to teach my son and even my other smaller ones is to simply show them. They learn SO MUCH by what they see and hear from their father and I. It's truly amazing sometimes! Often, I like to make things into songs. My children love and respond well to music. Anything in music form not only grasps their attention, but it also helps them greatly in memorizing things. It's important for parents to watch and learn how their children learn best. It will take away some of the frustration of teaching them what they need to know when it's better understood how they learn best. Also, each of your children are individuals. So that means, what may work for one, may not work well for another. Be persistent and keep teaching and pouring into your own children. Don't worry so much about if they're getting it or even how fast or slow they seem to be getting it. The important thing is, they're getting it! You're the most important person in your childrens growth and development. Keep doing what you do mom, it matters. A Lot!



I'm currently working on some children learning songs to share with YOU! These songs have helped my children learn and have fun at the same time! Check back for links. Happy learning moms :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worried About Raising Children in THIS World?

COVERED: Prayers for Your Husband

Simple Strategies for Teaching Children to Manage Anger